Plan now for Summer Day Camp in 2021!
An all-day program for children entering grades K–8 in the fall of 2021.
Our summer Day Camp program provides an exciting, fun filled camp experience for younger children.
At the end of each day, campers return home exhausted, but eager for the next morning when they’ll come back for even more enjoyable activities. Under the supervision of caring, well-trained staff, campers at CONNECT Christian Camp & Retreat Center are sure to have the time of their lives.
Children can enjoy swimming, arts/crafts, Bible lessons, outdoor recreation activities and much more. In addition to Bible time, each week features a different theme that shapes the lessons and activities.
Register your child online for the Day Camp package that suits your needs. We offer Core Day packages as well as Extended Days so you can choose the experience that fits your schedule.
Day Camp Details
All registration is online again this year and families can again choose the number of days for the summer. During the initial registration choose the package that best fits your family’s needs.
Day Camp follows Crown Point Public Schools’ schedule and usually runs for 11 weeks; packages are completely flexible.
Packages are flexible and can be used as needed throughout the summer.
Core days include the basic programming from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. which includes lunch and a snack from the Canteen. Canteen cards can be purchased during registration for extra snacks.
Extended days include the core day and allow for the option of early drop off between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and the option of late pick up between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Breakfast is included for extended days for those children who have arrived by 8:00 a.m.
After your initial registration, you will receive a confirmation email. After you receive this email, you will need to log back into your account, click “review” under your camper’s name, and click “adjust prepaid flex days”. A calendar will appear that places all of your days at the beginning of the Day Camp program. Simply use “Remove” and “Add” to move the purchased days to the days your child will be attending. A day can be moved up until 7:00 a.m. the day of by logging in to change it. After 7:00 a.m., a scheduled day will be considered used whether your child attended or not.
We hope to see you this summer!
NUMBER OF DAYS
|Up to 50 Days (All Summer)||$1375||$1800|
|Up to 40 Flexible Days||$1150||$1500|
|Up to 30 Flexible Days||$900||$1185|
|Up to 20 Flexible Days||$620||$820|
|Up to 10 Flexible Days||$320||$430|
|Up to 5 Flexible Days||$170||$220|
Safety Procedures and Guidelines
The health and well-being of our campers, guests, staff, and volunteers at CONNECT Christian Camp is our top priority. This is a fluid situation that may change as the summer progresses. We will do everything in our power to keep your children and our staff safe, while giving them the best day camp experience we can during these difficult times.
FAQs and Information
What is CONNECT’s approach on mask wearing?
- Teachers will be wearing masks and/or face shields when in close proximity to others.
- With teacher approval, masks may be removed during group instruction, outside time, or story time.
What if my child will not wear their mask?
- We will focus mainly on having adults wearing their masks. We understand that wearing a mask can be a little scary for some little ones. We will take the child’s fears into consideration as we exercise patience while gently explaining the importance of the mask for themselves and others.
How will my child store their mask when they are not wearing it?
- Parents may choose to send their child with a gaiter-like face covering which can remain on a child’s neck when not in use. Additionally, CONNECT will have Ziploc bags labeled with the child’s name to store masks throughout the day. Families are welcome to bring and use a different type of storage container, if they prefer.
Will my child need to wear their mask when outdoors?
- When campers are participating in activities with their group and are physically distanced from other campers not from their household, they will be allowed to remove their mask.
- Campers will not be required to wear their mask when actively participating in the activity/games
- All campers will need to wear their mask when in the locker rooms changing, but will not be required to wear their mask when actually at the pool.
What changes have been made and what screening procedures are being done?
- A Car line will be used for drop off and pick up.
- No parents will be allowed in the building.
- Temperature checks will be conducted for all students before leaving cars.
- Temperature checks will be done daily for teachers.
- Campers will be placed into age specific cohorts.
- Campers will stay with-in their cohort upon arrival and until departure.
- Everyone will wash hands upon entering CONNECT Christian Camp.
- Extra sanitation of used spaces will happen throughout the day.
- We will be outdoors as much as we can be.
How will meals and snacks be handled?
- Meal time is an important part of the day at camp, our goal is to maintain the relational component of meal time while keeping students and staff safe.
- Students will eat all meals and snacks with their cohorts.
- Students will be able to remove their masks while actively eating and drinking, even though they will be within 6 feet of members of their cohort.
What if a camper shows symptoms of being sick?
- If you feel your child is not 100%, keep them home.
- If temp is 100.0 or higher, your child is not allowed to attend.
- We have the right to send your child home if we feel they may be unwell or are having symptoms with no fever.
- If your child has a fever, they must be kept home until fever free for 72 hours without medicine.
- If someone in your house tests positive for Covid, your child must remain out of camp for at least 14 days until the entire household is completely negative.
- We will close for disinfecting and reopen after the building has been professionally cleaned if any cases of COVID are confirmed at camp.
What are the drop-off/pick-up procedures?
- Drop-off/Pick-up will happen in our front Main Building parking lot.
- Parents will stay inside their car both at drop-off and pick-up.
- At drop-off, we will empty 5 cars at a time and cars will be directed to move forward once the children are at a safe distance.
- At pick-up, the children will be lined up and we will fill 5 cars at a time and cars will be directed to move forward.